Introduction

Welcome! My name is Daniel Lim Jhao Jian. Here is where I share my experience, knowledge and ideas. You are welcome to leave comments and follow my blog. You are free to copy anything from this blog. Please recommend this blog to your friends.


Wednesday, 28 November 2012

My Greatest Enemy

I have many friends, but I also have a few enemies. Among my enemies, there is one that I really hate the most. If you are my classmate during Form 4 and Form 5, then you should know who he is. I won't hesitate to say his name. He is Thinnesh Kumar. He was once my good friend, but later became my enemy. There are several reasons on why I hated him, took him as my enemy and often quarrel with him. I will explain all this here. But before I say why we became enemies, I would say first about how I knew him and how we became friends.

This dates back to year 2008. At 2008, I entered Form 1 in SMKSB. I did not know most of the students in SMKSB. However, many of them started talking to me by asking questions about me and my family. He was one of them. He liked to ask me this question 'You are not working?' in Hokkien Chinese. He must have learnt that phase from a Chinese friend. Actually, I disliked this. I look this as an act of destroying Chinese language, as he could not speak well. Then, in March 2008, I had my first Moral lesson. It was held in my class. As there were no other vacant places, he sat with me. Then, we talked to each other a lot and we started becoming friends. I then knew that he name is Thinnesh Kumar and he was in the next class.

After that, during every Moral lesson, I would sit with Thinnesh Kumar, as my class and his class always had the Moral lesson together in one class. Although we were friends, he liked to disturb me, such as taking my things and poking me. There was another Chinese boy who also liked to disturb me. Thinnesh was a bit strange. Sometimes he would join that Chinese boy disturbing me but sometimes he would support me saying that Chinese boy was naughty. Sometimes I would quarrel with Thinnesh but that didn't affect our friendship. The same thing goes for year 2009. He would usually sit with me during every Moral lesson.

At year 2010, he seldom sat with me during the Moral lesson. He had many other Indian friends so he did not want to sit with me. As a result, our friendship was no that close as earlier. Still, I took him as my friend. At the year end after the PMR exam, we sometimes played chess together. Then, on the following year 2011, we were in different classes at first. Then on February 2011, the school rearranged the students in school. As a result, Thinnesh entered my class. When I knew that, I was quite happy in the beginning because I had one more friend in my class. He sat behind me, but he would come and sit beside me whenever the classmate beside me is absent. I often talked to him and we became good friends.

However, our friendship started having problems since April 2011. Before that, there are several reasons that causes me to dislike Thinnesh Kumar. First, he liked to tease me very much. One day after our PMR, a teacher asked us to create a gadget. I purposely said the word 'gadget' wrongly. He often used that to tease me for not pronouncing properly after that incident. Whenever I said something in class, he liked to repeat what I said in a strange way. He was trying to say that I spoke strangely.

Thinnesh also had the habit of looking low on the Chinese. He liked to tease a culture commonly practiced by the Chinese because the Indians don't practice that culture. He would also say that Chinese people are useless and selfish. He also said that he hated the China Civilization and the Buddhist religion. Therefore, I hated him.

He was a restless person. He liked to move around at all times, even when he was punished by a teacher. I consider this as 'hyperactive'. Besides, he also liked to speak loudly in Tamil. He liked to talk to Indian girls very much. Whenever he was talking to an Indian girl, he didn't seem to care anything else other than talking. I disliked him to speak loudly in Tamil as this was a disrespect to those who don't understand Tamil. To me, if he wanted to speak in Tamil, he should not speak loudly and only when necessary, and if he wanted to speak loudly, he should speak in English or Malay. He liked to sing Tamil songs loudly as well. All the other Indian boys in my class were different from him.

He also liked to tease me, especially since April 2011. He would call me 'big head' or 'kepala besar' very often. To me, there is nothing wrong to have a big head and my head isn't really that big. My Biology teacher once told him that it is good to have a big head filled with knowledge but he just ignored it. He did not respect teachers very much. In my opinion, he was only treating the teachers as someone same age as him. He also like to ask me to fight in the field and threatens to kick a ball to smash my glasses. Moreover, he likes to tease the students who take ICT subject because he himself takes Prinsip Perakaunan. He liked to say that the ICT subject is useless and Prinsip Perakaunan is much more useful.

In addition, he liked to disturb me such as touching me and taking my things. He also liked to take my things. Once, he took my name card. I did not want to give it to him as he was my enemy so I insisted that he return it to me. When he finally handed it back to me, he tore off a corner of the name card. He is a good friend of a Malay boy who is also naughty. At first, that Malay boy seldom disturbed me but after Thinnesh came to our class, that Malay boy joined him to disturb me. Thinnesh also liked to disturb the Malay girls in my class, especially those who were my good friends. His intention is to make me angry as I hate seeing my friends being bullied.

On April 2011, we started becoming enemies. The immediate reason that causes this to happen is because on 19 April 2011, a Malay girl, NBQ from another school transferred to our school. That girl was placed in my class, 4SC1. After the new girl entered my class, I wanted to be friends with her. Most boys in my class could easily start a conversation with her. However, I was shy so I was afraid to do it. When Thinnesh knew about it, he purposely stopped me from being friends with that girl. He said to the new girl that I was a psycho and he also said that I liked the girl. Although what he said was completely not true, Thinnesh had destroyed my impression. As a result, it was even difficult for me to be friends with that girl. I was so angry with Thinnesh that I stopped being friends with Thinnesh and started taking him as my enemy. Straight away I told Thinnesh that I won't be friends with him anymore. At first, I decided that I will be friend with Thinnesh again after the new girl has become my friend.

After that incident, the quarrel between me and Thinnesh started. He disturbed and teased me even more than before. One day, I returned to my class after recess. It was Physics period and we had to go to the Science lab. I took out my Physics books from my bag. Suddenly, Thinnesh came and he took away one of my book. I chased him to get back my book. However, he kept on running and I could not run after him. Then, another boy in my class also did the same by taking another of my book. Some other boys in my class also supported Thinnesh. Thinnesh and all the boys in my class then ran to the Physics lab. I had to chase them until the Physics lab. I told the Physics teacher that Thinnesh and another boy took my book. But, both of them denied. Thinnesh secretly put back my book on my table and he told the Physics teacher that I was accusing him. Luckily, the Physics teacher didn't quite believe him. As for my other book, I had to snatch it back from the other boy who stole it.

One week after the new girl entered my class, I finally could talk to her. Thanks to the few other girls in my class who helped me by introducing me to the new girl. I started to be friends with the new girl. I was not shy anymore. Earlier, I had decided to be friend with Thinnesh again after the new girl has become my friend. However, due to Thinnesh's poor attitude and his consistent teasing and disturbing, I decided to continue taking Thinnesh as my enemy. After that, a few other incidents regarding Thinnesh had happened.

Once, Thinnesh sprayed my hair with a liquid. I did not know what the liquid was but I saw the container of the liquid writing 'Flammable'. Since it is a flammable liquid, Thinnesh should not have played with it. I was also afraid that my hair may catch fire. So, I took revenge by throwing his book on the floor and pushing down his table to the floor. All his things in the drawer dropped to the floor. As a result, Thinnesh nearly started a fight with me. One day during May 2011, the place beside a Malay girl in my class was empty because the girl sitting there was absent. Thinnesh purposely sat there. That Malay girl was my good friend. I told Thinnesh to get out because that wasn't his place but he refused to. Instead, he put his hand near the shoulder of that Malay girl. This incident shows that he liked to disturb the Malay girls in my class. One day during June 2011, I said to other people that Thinnesh was smelly. Earlier Thinnesh had several times teased me by saying that I was smelly. I wanted to take revenge. When Thinnesh knew about that, he was angry. He denied that earlier he had said that I was smelly and he wanted to start a fight with me.

On 7 July 2011, a fight broke out between me and Thinnesh. At that time, the Mathematics period had just over. Thinnesh purposely bang me while walking. So, I bang him back. He was angry then bang me again. I was angry with him so I pushed him. He shouted at me and challenged me to fight with him. I replied 'Come on'. He pushed me backwards. I then hit him. As a result, he pushed me very hard then smacked on my face. I tried to defend myself but I failed. My glasses fell off to the ground. Luckily it did not break. The other boys in my class came to stop the fight. They told me that I should smack Thinnesh rather than just defending. I told them that I can do so but I don't want because if I do so Thinnesh might get hurt and I may be punished. Later, another boy in my class intentionally disturbed me by throwing a glue-stick on me, giving me a 'second-defeat'. Due to this incident, I posted on my Facebook wall 'I HATE THINNESH KUMAR !'.

On 14 August 2011, another incident happened. At that time I was collecting the class fund because I was the treasurer of my class. A Malay boy paid the money but he said that he didn't trust me. He wanted to tick his name on the name list by himself. So, I gave him the name list. I saw him taking my name list and walked to the front of the class. Later, I asked the Malay boy to return the name list. However, he said that he did not take it. I pulled hard on his hand and forced him to return the name list. He was weak and could not fight back but he insisted that the name list wasn't with him. Then, another boy came and pulled my hand away so that the Malay boy can escape. It was English period and we had to go to the multimedia room. The Malay boy and all other boys ran to the multimedia room. I walked there and told my English teacher about that. After the English period, the teacher asked the Malay boy to return the name list. However, he still denied that he took it. He ran back to the class. I caught him and forced him to return it. He said that Thinnesh took the name list. The Malay boy and a few Indian boy told me to get the name list from Thinnesh. I refused to do so because since the Malay boy gave the name list to Thinnesh, he should get it from Thinnesh, not me. I insisted that the Malay boy get the name list from Thinnesh. It was ICT/Prinsip Akaun period after that. The other boys then asked me to wait until the ICT/Prinsip Akaun period was over, then Thinnesh would return the name list to me. They said that Thinnesh had to pay attention during the Prinsip Akaun class so he could not return the name list until after the Prinsip Akaun period ended. I refused to wait because the name list belonged to me, so I have every right to get it back immediately. The Malay boy then ran to the ICT lab. I chased him to the ICT lab. I then told the ICT teacher about the incident. The teacher asked another boy to get back the name list from Thinnesh. Thinnesh had no choice but to return it to me. After the incident, that Malay boy explained to me that actually he did not give the name list to Thinnesh but Thinnesh snatched the name list from him. So, I forgive the Malay boy and put all the blame on Thinnesh because he should not have took the name list which did not belong to him.

One day during September 2011, I quarrelled with Thinnesh again. It was Physics period at that time. Our Physics teacher was teaching and he asked us to copy down some notes. However, he had collected an Indian boy's exercise book and had not returned it. The Indian boy had to copy the notes in a foolscap paper. He did not have foolscap paper so he borrowed from me. I lent him my test pad. While copying the notes, Thinnesh could not see a part of the blackboard. So, he asked that Indian boy what was written on the blackboard. The Indian boy gave Thinnesh my test pad to let Thinnesh copy what he had written. I did not want Thinnesh to take my test pad due to the 14 August incident earlier. I tried to take back the test pad from Thinnesh but he stopped me from doing so. Therefore, I took his book. He was angry and he hit his table. I then snatched back my test pad and returned his book to him. However, I was angry because he hit the table although it was him who took my test pad. So, I threatened to tear his book. He then challenged me for a fight. I scolded him 'stupid'. Immediately, he stand up and wanted to fight with me. The Physics teacher saw that and stopped our fight. Due to this incident, the Physics teacher was unhappy with both of us.

When I was in Form 5 during year 2012, I seldom quarreled with Thinnesh Kumar. It was because I always tried to avoid him. I knew that quarreling with him would affect my friends' and teachers' impression on me. However, towards the end of 2012, an incident regarding him still happened. On 11 October 2012, it was Biology period but my teacher left the class early because she had work to do. Thinnesh Kumar intentionally looked for troubles with me. He simply made up a story that was fake. He said that on that morning a girl in my class asked me a Mathematics question, but I answered her this way 'Macam ni pun tak tau hah?' (Like this also you don't know how to do?). Therefore, the girl was very sad and she told Thinnesh about that. Thinnesh said that he wanted to help that girl to teach me a lesson. He even announced that to the whole class. Actually, the whole case was not true and I definitely did not say that to the girl. However, some other Indian boys in my class believed Thinnesh and they said that I was wrong. I denied about the case, but they refused to believe me. In fact, one boy insisted that I was wrong. I shouted at him that I had not done wrong. Instead, he warned me not to raise my volume at him, otherwise he would punch me. Luckily, some Malay girls in my class believed me. Finally, the girl clarified that the whole case was just a misunderstanding and I did not say that to her. That incident made me decided to take Thinnesh as my enemy forever.

These are the reasons on why Thinnesh Kumar became my enemy. We often had a fight in class. Our teachers do not want to care much about this because they think that we are big enough to solve the conflicts between us. I wanted to report this to his parents but later I found out that his father had passed away. Some suggested that I move to another class but I will never do that. Why should I leave my friends when he is in the wrong? Instaed, I really hoped that he move to another class. I do not know when our conflicts will be solved but it is impossible for me to be friend with Thinnesh Kumar again. I won't be friends with Thinnesh again, not now, not in the near future or probably never will at all. Now, I have graduated from secondary school, but I will never forget what Thinnesh had done to me. I will take him as my enemy forever.

1 comment:

  1. Your friends are indeed naughty!
    But judging from ur achievements, you should be studying in good class.
    Yet your classmates are evil. I seriously can't believe.
    I thought that this kind of case would only happens in bad class. Which I mean the class whr the students don really study much.
    Well I feel pity for you but maybe you should make more friends. I didn't really see that you mention chinese friend more?

    ReplyDelete