Introduction

Hi! My name is Daniel Lim Jhao Jian. Here is where I share my experience, knowledge and ideas. You are welcome to leave comments and follow my blog. You are free to copy anything from this blog. Please recommend this blog to your friends.


Thursday 3 January 2013

Form 5 School Examinations Diary

When I was in secondary school, I sat for many examinations. In Form 5, other than my SPM examination, I also sat for three school examinations before the SPM. The three examinations were the First Mid-Term Examination, First Term Examination and the SPM Trial Examination. I finished Form 5 a long time ago, but I could still remember clearly everything that happened during each examination in Form 5. Of the three examinations, the Form 5 First Mid-Term Examination and SPM Trial Examination were the most interesting. Here, I am sharing my diary during those two examinations.


Form 5 First Mid-Term Examination (4 March 2012 - 8 March 2012):

3 March 2012 (Saturday): The Form 5 First Mid-Term Examination would start on the next day. Although it was Saturday, I had to attend school because there was school replacement on that day. At home, I was busy studying Tatabahasa Bahasa Melayu, English Literature (Poems) and English Directed Writing because these would be tested in the exam and need studying. I did not need to study for Bahasa Melayu Karangan and others as the examination was half-format. At night, I only studied Chinese Writing a little because I would be just taking the Chinese exam but the marks would not be included in the SAPS.

4 March 2012 (Sunday): It was the first day of examination. The subjects tested on that day were Bahasa Melayu, English and Chinese. The Bahasa Melayu exam was moderately difficult. I was confident to get A but not A+. English was easy but not very easy. I was confident to get A+. Chinese was not difficult because only Paper 1 was tested but I had not enough time and had to rush. I did not care much about it but still I thought that I could get A. After returning home, I studied for Physics and Sejarah. I spent most of my time studying Sejarah because there were a lot of facts to memorise and I already studied Physics earliar. At night, I studied Physics a little.

5 March 2012 (Monday): The subjects tested on that day were Sejarah and Physics. Sejarah was quite difficult although I did a lot of revision because a lot of KBKK questions were tested. I was worried that I could not get A+. Physics was rather easy but the essay questions were a bit confusing. I was confident to get A+. At home, I studied Biology. Although only Form 4 Chapter 7 and Form 5 Chapter 1 were tested, I still had to spend a long time studying because Form 5 Chapter 1 was long. I did not study for Mathematics because it was easy.

6 March 2012 (Tuesday): Mathematics and Biology were the subjects tested on that day. Mathematics was very easy and I was very confident of getting A+ and even 100 marks. However, Biology was quite difficult. The questions were tricky. I had to write long answers and I had to rush due to insufficient time. I was worried of not able to get A+. After going back home, I studied Chemistry. It was rather relaxing because only Form 5 Chapter 1, which is an easy topic, would be tested. I finished studying it quite early, so I used the remaining time to study Additional Mathematics.

7 March 2012 (Wednesday): On that day, Additional Mathematics and Chemistry were tested. Additional Mathematics was very easy. I was very confident to get A+ and even 100 marks. Chemistry was also quite easy. There were only Objective and Structured questions but not Essay questions. I was very confident of getting A+. After returning home, I studied Pendidikan Moral and Information & Communications Technology (ICT). I was quite busy because I had to study for 2 subjects. I studied Pendidikan Moral in the afternoon and ICT at night.

8 March 2012 (Thursday): The subjects tested on that day were Information & Communications Technology (ICT) and Pendidikan Moral. The ICT exam turned out to be more difficult than I expected. For the first time, the exam questions were not taken from the ICT exercise book. Still, I was confident of getting A+. However, Pendidikan Moral turned out to be easier than I expected. Many of the KBKK questions were taken from my Form 4 teacher's notes. I was confident of getting A+. At home, I started relaxing because the examination had ended. After that, there was a one week school holiday until 17 March 2012.

9 March 2012 (Friday) - 17 March 2012 (Saturday): It was the March school holiday which lasted for 1 week during that period of time. Because the examination was over, I spent that week relaxing. I played computer games, surfed the internet and watched television. Still, I also studied some of the SPM subjects. Because I had not get the results for my exam, I was a little worried about it, especially Bahasa Melayu, Biology and Sejarah.

18 March 2012 (Sunday): The school reopened on that day. I got the exam results for Pendidikan Moral first. I was a little worried. I was so happy when I got 93 marks for Pendidikan Moral. Next, I got my Bahasa Melayu paper. My marks was 88. I realised that my teacher gave me 29/30 for Rumusan although I did not make any mistakes because she did not want to give full marks. I asked her to add 1 mark for my Rumusan so that I could get A+ but she refused and told be to try again in the next exam. Next, it was Additional Mathematics and my teacher gave back the exam paper. I got 100 marks for Additional Mathematics. I was very happy because I never got 100 marks before.

19 March 2012 (Monday): I got my results for several subjects on that day. For Physics, I got 97 marks. I was happy because it was better than I expected. I got 100 marks for Sejarah. I was surprised because I never expected that I could get 100 marks. My Mathematics marks was 100. It was the 3rd time in a row that I got 100 marks for Mathematics. For Biology. I got 96 marks. I was the only person in my class to get A+ in Biology. I got 98 marks in Chemistry. Many students scored quite well for Chemistry because it only tested on Form 5 Chapter 1 which is an easy topic. For Information & Communication Technology (ICT), my marks was 97. However, many students did not score well in ICT because the questions were difficult.

20 March 2012 (Tuesday): The only subject that I still did not get the exam results was English. There was English period on that day, but my English teacher did not go to school. She said that she would return our exam papers either on Wednesday or Thursday.

21 March 2012 (Wednesday): The results for SPM 2011 was released on that day. The teachers in my school were busy analysing the SPM 2011 results. Therefore, my English teacher was not free and she could not give back our English papers on that day.

22 March 2012 (Thursday): Finally, I got my exam results for English on that day. I got 91 marks for English and I was quite satisfied with it. I was the only student in my class to get A+ in English.


SPM Trial Examination (14 August 2012 - 11 September 2012):

13 August 2012 (Monday): The SPM Examination would start on the next day. I went to school because there was school on that day. After returning home, I studied Information & Communications Technology (ICT). I did not need to spend a long time studying as I already starting studying ICT since a few days ago.

14 August 2012 (Tuesday): It was the first day of examination. The subject tested on that day was Information & Communication Technology (ICT) only. Before the exam started, I discussed with my friends. I was excited. The exam turned out to be easier than I expected although none of the exam questions were similar to the questions in the exercise book. I was very confident to get A+. At home, I studied some Sejarah in the afternoon although Sejarah would be tested after the school holidays because I still had not finish studying it. At night, I studied for Chinese, especially the Idioms.

15 August 2012 (Wednesday): The subject tested on that day was Chinese Paper 2 only. I did not care much about it because I would just sit for the exam but the marks would not be included in the SPAS. The exam, however turned out to be easier than I expected. In fact, for the Classical Text Comprehension, it was similar to the PMR level only. I was not sure how many marks I could get for Chinese because I still had to sit for Paper 1 after the holidays. After the exam, I had some time in school so I took some pictures with my friends. On that afternoon, I had Mathematics and Additional Mathematics tuition. At night, I started studying for other subjects.

16 August 2012 (Thursday) - 25 August 2012 (Saturday): There was a one-week school holiday for Hari Raya Aidilfitri during that time. I spent that week studying for the subjects that would be tested during the following week such as Sejarah, Biology, Chemistry and Pendidikan Moral. On 18 August 2012 (Saturday) holiday, I attended my mother-side-grandfather's birthday celebration dinner in Penang. On 24 and 25 August, I studied Bahasa Melayu only because it would be tested on the first day when the school reopened.

26 August 2012 (Sunday): It was the first day after the school reopened. The subjects tested on that day was Bahasa Melayu Paper 1 and Paper 2. Bahasa Melayu Paper 1 was a bit difficult, especially for the Karangan Bahan Rangsangan. For Karangan Respons Terbuka, I chose question 4, which was Karangan Dimensi Global. It was not difficult for me, but none of my friends chose it, and many said that it was the most difficult question of all the 5 questions. That caused me to feel worry. I was confident of getting A but not A+. At home, I studied for English, especially English Literature in the afternoon. Then, I studied Sejarah a little at night.

27 August 2012 (Monday): English Paper 1, English Paper 2 and Sejarah Paper 1 were the subjects tested on that day. English Paper 1 was rather easy because I had memorised an essay earlier. English Paper 2 was also not difficult. I was quite confident in getting A+ for English. Sejarah Paper 1 was also quite easy. However, I was not sure if I could get A+ for Sejarah because I still had Paper 2 on the next day. After returning home, I had to study Pendidikan Moral. I studied Pendidikan Moral a little first, then I studied Sejarah. I only went through the topics that our teacher told us to focus on because I had no time to study all the topics.

28 August 2012 (Tuesday): Sejarah Paper 2 and Pendidikan Moral were tested on that day. Before the Sejarah Paper 2 exam, I was worried that the topics that our teacher told us to focus on might not appear in the exam, even though our teacher was very sure. In turned out that all the exam questions tested on those topics, except for 1 essay question. Still, I chose that question because I was able to answer it and it was easier. However, Sejarah Paper 2 was still quite difficult because of the KBKK questions. I was worried that I cannot get A+ for Sejarah. Pendidikan Moral was slightly easier than I expected. I was confident to get A+ in Pendidikan Moral. At home, I had to study Chemistry for the whole day. I studied the experiments  before the others.

29 August 2012 (Wednesday): The subjects tested on that day were Chemistry Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3. Chemistry Paper 1 was quite easy. Chemistry Paper 2 was easy but not very easy. Chemistry Paper 3 was a little difficult, and I usually could not score well in it. I was confident to get A+ for Chemistry. After going back home, I had to study Biology until late at night. I studied the experiments first, then the others.

30 August 2012 (Thursday): The subjects tested on that day were Biology Paper 1, Paper 2 and Paper 3. Biology Paper 3 was quite easy. Before the exam, I expected Paper 1 to be easy and Paper 2 to be difficult. Biology 1 turned out to be more difficult than I expected. However, Biology Paper 2 was easier than what I expected. I was confident to get A+ in Biology. After the exam, I could relax because the remaining subjects were not difficult.

31 August 2012 (Friday) - 2 September 2012 (Sunday): I had no exam during that period of time. I spent most of my time studying Physics, especially for the essay questions and experiments. I also studied Additional Mathematics and did exercises on Mathematics and Additional Mathematics. I did not go to school on 2 September although it was a school day because many of my friends would not be going to school.

3 September 2012 (Monday): Chinese Paper 1 was the only subject tested on that day. It was not difficult and I had enough time to finish answering it. I was confident to get A- or A for Chinese but not A+. After returning home, I again studied for Physics.

4 September 2012 (Tuesday): There was no exam on that day. I did not go to school even though it was a school day because many of my friends did not go to school.I studied some Physics and Mathematics. I also did some exercises for Mathematics.

5 September 2012 (Wednesday): Mathematics Paper 1 and Paper 2 were tested on that day. Both papers were very easy. I was very confident to get A+ and even 100 marks for Mathematics. On the afternoon, I had Additional Mathematics tuition. At night, I studied Additional Mathematics.

6 September 2012 (Thursday): The subjects tested on that day were Additional Mathematics Paper 1 and Paper 2. Additional Mathematics Paper 1 was very easy. Additional Mathematics Paper 2 was easy but not very easy. I was confident to get A+ for Additional Mathematics. However, I knew I could not get A+ because later I realised that I had made a mistake. After returning home, I studied for Physics entirely.

7 September 2012 (Friday) - 8 September 2012 (Saturday): There were no school on that 2 days. I only studied for Physics, especially the experiments.

9 September 2012 (Sunday): The subjects tested on that day were Physics Paper 1 and Paper 3. Physics Paper 1 was very easy. Physics Paper 3 was also quite easy. I was quite confident to get full marks for Physics Paper 1 but not Paper 3. However, I was not sure how many marks I would get for Physics because I still had to sit for Physics Paper 2. At home, I continued studying Physics.

10 September 2012 (Monday): There was no exam on that day. I studied Physics only, especially the essay questions.

11 September 2012 (Tuesday): It was the last day of examination. The only subject tested on that day was Physics Paper 2. It was moderately difficult. The structured questions were easy but the essay questions were difficult. Still, I was very confident of getting A+ in Physics. The exam ended on 10:30AM. After that, I had some time at school to relax. On that day, I also got my Physics Paper 1 and Paper 3. I got 50/50 for Physics Paper 1 and 40/40 for Physics Paper 3. My teacher also tried to mark my Physics Paper 2. However, there was not enough time so he marked only a few structured questions. I managed to get full marks for those questions. This made me even more confident in Physics. At home, I started relaxing.

12 September 2012 (Wednesday): The exam had over, so it was time to get my results. There were Bahasa Melayu and Mathematics periods on that day, but my teachers did not come to school so I did not get my exam papers for those subjects. After recess, it was Information & Communications Technology (ICT) period. I actually got 99 marks for ICT but my teacher wrote 100 marks. Still, I told my teacher to record my marks as 99 in the SAPS. Next, it was Additional Mathematics. I only got Additional Mathematics Paper 1 and my marks was 80/80. I was very happy. After that, it was Pendidikan Moral. I was very worried because my teacher said that very few students got A+. I turned out to get 96 marks so I was very happy. Then, it was Chinese period. Nobody including me got A+ for Chinese. I got 89 marks, which was the highest marks among all students. At home, I continued relaxing.

13 September 2012 (Thursday): For the first 3 periods in school, there was a celebration for the end of Merdeka month and someone gave a long speech. As a result, there was only 1 Chemistry period left instead of 3. I only got Chemistry Paper 1. I was disappointed that I got 49/50 because I expected to get 50/50. After recess, it was Biology. I got Biology Paper 1 and Paper 3 first. I was happy to get 48/50 for both the papers because it was better than what I expected. Then, my teacher gave back Biology Paper 2 for some students. I was surprised and very happy when I got 100/100 for Biology Paper 2. My overall marks for Biology was 98.

14 September 2012 (Friday) - 16 September 2012 (Sunday): There were no school during that period of time. Because I had finished my examination, I spent that 3 days relaxing. I played computer games, surfed the internet and watched television. However, I was a little worried of my examination results, especially for Bahasa Melayu and Sejarah. There was no school on 16 September 2012 because it was Malaysia day.

17 September 2012 (Monday): The first period in school was Physics. I was disappointed that I only got 89/100 for Physics Paper 2, which was worse than what I expected. The reason was because I made a lot of mistakes in the essay questions. Overall, my Physics marks was 94. However, my teacher gave every one 2 marks as bonus, so I got 96 marks. Then, it was Bahasa Melayu period. I was very worried, especially of Bahasa Melayu Paper 1. However, my teacher only gave back Bahasa Melayu Paper 2. I was disappointed because it got only 91/110. Later, I realised that my teacher counted my marks wrongly and I actually got 93/110. Still, I was disappointed. After recess, it was Chemistry period. I got Chemistry Paper 2 and Paper 3. My results were 97/100 for Paper 2 and 45/50 for Paper 3. Overall, I got 96 marks for Chemistry. Next, it was Sejarah. I got 39/40 for Sejarah Paper 1. Still, I was worried of Paper 2. At last, I got 95/100 for Sejarah Paper 2. My overall marks for Sejarah was 96. At home, I still relaxed.

18 September 2012 (Tuesday): The only subject I got on that day was Mathematics. I got 40/40 for Paper 1 and 100/100 for Paper 2. In other words, my overall Mathematics marks was 100. I was very happy, because for the 5th time continuously I got 100 marks for Mathematics. My teacher also gave me RM20 as a reward. At home, it was the last day for me to relax after my SPM Trial Examination.

19 September 2012 (Wednesday):  The first period on that day was Bahasa Melayu. My teacher gave back the Bahasa Melayu Paper 1. I was very worried that I might not get even A. I was satisfied when I knew that I got 111/130. My oral marks was also added in the examination. My overall marks for Bahasa Melayu was 86. After recess, it was Additional Mathematics period. I got Additional Mathematics Paper 2. My score was 97/100. My marks for the Additional Mathematics Project Work was added in the exam. My overall Additional Mathematics marks was 98. After returning home, I started studying for SPM.

20 September 2012 (Thursday): The only subject that I still did not get my results was English. There was no English period on that day, but my teacher promised to give back the exam papers after recess. During recess, I noticed that my English teacher was sitting in a booth near my class and some of my classmates were there. I walked there and knew that my teacher was giving back our exam papers. I was so disappointed when I got only 88 marks for English. The reason was because I did not score well in Literature (Novel) and Continuous Writing. I asked my teacher if she could add marks. She agreed to add 1 mark for my Continuous Writing. My English marks became 89. Since I only needed one more mark to get A+, I asked my teacher to give me 1 bonus mark. At first, she refused. However, a Malay girl in my class also got 89 marks for English. She also asked the teacher to add 1 mark for her, saying that it would be a motivation for her. Finally, our teacher agreed to give both of us 1 bonus mark so that we could get A+ for English and told us to do our best for SPM. My marks for English became 90. So, my overall result for SPM Trial Examination was 9A+ and 1A. At home, I continued to study for SPM.

(THE END)

No comments:

Post a Comment